Friday, December 04, 2009

Luke 7:36-50

I just finished reading through John and I thought I would start on Luke tonight. I came across this beautiful passage of a sinful woman washing Christ's feet with her hair and being forgiven of her sin. I encourage you all to read the passage, there is so much in it that I could talk about, but I found this verse that just struck me. It is not typically how I have been taught to think. It challenged me to daily be laying all I have at the feet of Christ and be forgiven of my sin. I am not worthy to even lay at the feet of Christ and yet, He chose us to be His Bride. It's not an invitation to sin, yet an encouragement from Christ Himself.

"Therefore I tell you, her many sins have been forgiven-as her great love has shown. But whoever has been forgiven little loves little."

1 comment:

shanna said...

only our God could forgive the greatest sinner and in turn give them the greatest capacity to love. There is no one like Him. No one!